About these ads

Musical Tuesday

Yes, there’s a serving of tunes for you for Tuesday. I hope you brought your appetite!

I first saw this group called Walk off the Earth when they appeared on the television show Ellen. That was days, weeks ago, and then I recently stumbled upon them on YouTube.

So many great reasons to love this song and the associated video:

• Three great singers divide up the song.
  • All five musicians playing one guitar at the same time.
  • A catchy tune!

I also love the message of the song. An analysis of how you can go from being so close to somebody to that person just being “somebody that I used to know”. I think of past friends and how close we once were. While some friendships fade, others stay in full bloom.

I am excited to introduce this video to you if you have not already seen it.

This is christyb wishing you a day full of happy music.

About these ads

30 Comments

1. Oh I always enjoy finding new artists to listen to . Thank you christy for posting this :)

2. And you openly admit to being one of the 137 people who watch Ellen?

Nah, kidding – great lead-in to the song…

• Hehe yes Ellen does have a way of taking away the worries of the day! I watch her when I have the time. Thanks MB for all of your comments!

3. authormjlogan

/  March 27, 2012

Added to my youtube playlist. This is good.

4. Thank you! I enjoyed this.

/  March 27, 2012

I liked this one too, Christy, thank you – I think this one is going to stay in my head for awhile, lol. ~ Julie :)

• Hehe I believe it may be called an ‘earworm’ Julie. I listened to the tune again this morning and now it is stuck in my head again. Oh dear! Take care my friend

6. LOVE THIS SONG !!!!!!!!!!
    YOU HAVE AWESOME MUSICAL TASTE !!!! XOC

7. Interesting how they all play the guitar together! Thanks for sharing!

PS. I like to watch Ellen, too, when I have time. :)

8. I often wondered about friendships – how they flourish and wane…so much have to fall in place I reckon, for friendship to endure.

All good wishes and hugz Christy B :-)

• Yes many friendships do not outlast the test of time.. These tests let us know who are out ‘true’ friends. All good wishes for you as well Eric, have a wonderful day!

9. Already had this one on a playlist on YT. Love this song. Great one to share. I love the line “You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness.” Reminds me of the drama queens who always have a crisis. When you no longer respond, they disappear…

Great one to bring the thought buffet.
    Red.

• I know exactly the type of people you mean, Red. They complain each day, always have a crisis, and get a sort of glow from all the attention they get in response. They are very tiring to be around. Aha we both like this video, we have great taste!!

10. I love that! Sharing it on Facebook. Thanks for sharing that! I loved the song, already, but that cover of it is fascinating.

• Hi Jeff, how great to have you excited about this song! I’m happy you share my love for the concept and the tune itself. Thanks for the comment and the share!

11. What a great video and song…thanks for sharing!

12. Loved your song choice and your take on it! Always a pleasure to take the time to read material from you! Keep it up.

• Hi Tessa, thanks for stopping by to listen to the tune and comment! Yes, the song caught my attention for both the visual quality and the sounds. I’m glad you enjoyed it!

13. I just nominated you for five blog awards. Follow this link https://mynookandpickles.wordpress.com/2012/04/14/the-nominees-are/ to read about it. Congratulations!

1. So, I am slow. | Momma's Money Matters