Well dress me up, spin me round, and just try to take the smile off my face.
You’ll understand in about one minute why I’m so happy. Well, technically, that depends on how fast you read.
Today Poetic Parfait gratefully accepts the Kreativ Blogger Award! Yes you heard right.
Today poetry gets its moment to stand in the blog spotlight. You heard right again.
A decadent thank-you to Ray of the blog novice journal for nominating me. I feel honoured, humbled, but not for a loss of words.
Rules of the Game
When the award is accepted, there are certain rules to follow. Don’t worry, take my hand and I’ll guide you (let me just wipe off my Nutella-dipped fingertips first).
Rule 1. Thank the blogger who nominated me.
Thanks again Ray!
2. Post a photo of the award
3. Share ten things about me that my readers don’t know. How good of timing is this when Marc and Julie are nudging me to do so?
4. Choose six people to nominate for this award. Definition: Pay it Forward.
5. Let the six bloggers know they have been awarded (and make their day too)!
List it to me
Here’s my Top Ten of details you did not already know about me. And no there’s no appearance by David Letterman (it’s okay to groan):
10. I once worked in a chocolate factory on the assembly line.
9. I am told my laugh is infectious. And loud.
8. I got my first pair of glasses in Grade 3.
7. I am left-handed.
6. I do not have a New Years Resolution. On purpose.
5. At the age of 30 I was diagnosed with two types of cancer. I am healthy now and have regular check-ups to ensure I stay that way.
4. Yes I am older than 30.
3. I am very close to my parents. They deserve a mention, and then some.
2. I scrapbook as a hobby.
1. Last night I killed a spider about five inches from my head as I laid on the couch.
Cringe, cough, look away, look back, keep reading. Or so I hope.
With so many blogs to choose from, I had a hard time choosing only six. After careful consideration here are the quality blogs I nominate for the award. The sites span several genres, from poetry to photography to social commentary. Enjoy!
Clear throat. Shuffle paper. Begin:
Now back to my chocolate-covered pretzels. Will adding a glass of water balance out the calories? Do we care about calories?
More importantly, did I get any Nutella on you?