At Attention

Well lookie here, it’s time once again for Tunes With Tuesday. Wait, come back! This won’t hurt you.

Some text and a music video, you can handle it. Hey you did get through Monday, didn’t you?

(Enter bribe. Give you two cookies of your chosen flavour. You sit and listen.)

Nickelback is back. And they’ve got your back. (Just be glad I didn’t pick the song “Baby Got Back” by Sir Mix-A-Lot).

Nickelback’s newest tune “When We Stand Together” combines up-tempo beats with heartfelt lyrics. Included in the chorus are these lines:

• We must stand together
  • Don’t give in
  • That’s when we all win

As a group, we have the potential to be stronger than each individual alone. Provided we have similar goals and inclinations. The lyrics speak to peace and hope, whether for an individual life, for a nation, or for the global community in general.

You may get knocked down but don’t give up. Let’s say your poem doesn’t get published by a particular magazine. There are other publications. There are other poems you will likely write or already have written. Stand tall, have faith in your own abilities, and you will shine. It may take time but shine you will do.

This is christyb, I understand literary rejection.

Just as you got through Monday, despite the difficulties the day may have brought you on its shoulder, you will be able to carry on. You will get through today as well.

To quote a line from “When We Stand Together,”

Just like the heartbeat, the drumbeat carries on

What messages do you get from the lyrics of this song?

25 thoughts on “At Attention

Love the Music, love the message contained within.. And standing together is bringing Unity to our Earth also, as many now stand up for their Freedom.. both in Speech and in how they can live.. as no longer do they wish their lives be ruled..
    Many now are beginning to understand there is Hope.. as we each of us keep striving forward to attain our own goals.. Ultimately there is only One Goal… which each of us strive for and perhaps I think we do not always understand that we are searching for oursleves. As we have got lost among the crowds as individuals.. But by joining together as one voice… in Unity.. we can truly make ourselves heard and make others see and change….
    Thank you Christyb a lovely post..

1. christyb Post author

Sue, your comment brings to my mind a phrase I now believe that we are here to become more of ourselves with each day we get through. We grow to understand ourselves. That being said many people seek to move away from truth as this is in the short-term an easier solution. Your words are inspirational Sue and I am pleased that you found hope in my words.

1. christyb Post author

Thank-you Sandy for the kind words and for stopping by my space a second time. You are welcome to roam and read as you please. Poets have a lyrical way of explaining concepts but no matter how each voice sounds each voice is important and needs to be heard. Glad you enjoyed the post Sandy.

2. Raymond alexander kukkee

Amen to that, sing, sing, and sing in hope and faith. Understand that unity with common inclinations is much better, Christyb. We can always fail and fall over later but let’s get up NOW to give life another try! “:) We ARE listening to you, Christyb…and carefully. Great post!

1. christyb Post author

Raymond, Thank-you for continuing to stop by and read, I look forward to hearing your comments. You offer wisdom to top my posts like the sprinkles to top a sundae. Not only tasty in nature, your posts are also a delicacy. I am listening to you as well.

3. Marc Phillippe Babineau

Deal – Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies, please!

Great post! Like the music, love the post. We shall prevail! Yes, the cry of the ever optimistic, prevalence is what life brings, as long as you count the days you’ve lived and not the days you’ve got left.

(I would think about making this a separate Blog, and use the cross-traffic to advertise each – that way, you get more page views, as they won’t just flip through the Pages here)

1. christyb Post author

Mmm now I want a cookie. Perhaps a nice cup of tea to go with it. Thanks Marc for your support and your encouraging comments! You always offer me ideas without hesitation and your mentor instincts offer me so much assistance. There are ideas overflowing from this post and I am considering all.

4. Red

I love this song musically. I like the reference to the media bias and the complete lack of responsibility in caring for the earth. There are a lot of good messages here. The multi-layered effect of choosing individual, community and global concerns make this song universally acceptable.

“Right here inside us. No one can divide us.” is a call for introspection followed by action.

Excellent choice in lyrics, Christy. I especially like you chose a band whose reputation is not one of global well-being. It is proof reputation is not always where the truth lies, especially when it is tarnished. The shining is just beneath.

Red.

1. christyb Post author

Red, yes I too saw many themes in the song. With all the messages I had one feeling: inspired. My mind ran quickly as I listened to the song over and over, enjoying the melody but also wondering the primary reason the band released the song right now. What was their inspiration? Thanks Red for stopping by and offering great perspective today.

5. Casandra Miska

Nickelback’s “When we we stand together” has such an inspirational spirit to it. Christy, I like your posts where you do some commentary and add a music video. Collaboration is one of my favorite subjects; especially when I am in the presence of positive thinkers. They say the best way to get to your goal is by helping others get to theirs first. I’m testing that out; and must say it’s a joyful excursion. I’ll share this post on a couple of my Social Media sites.

1. christyb Post author

Casandra, I am please that you imply I am a positive thinker. I have been through difficult times that make me realize we have to make the most of good times while we have them and enjoy the little things. I’m glad you enjoyed today’s post! Thanks for sharing the post and most of all for stopping by so we can chat!

6. Miro

Nothing uplifts and inspires like the right song. Nickleback is one of my favourite bands, they always have a great message in plain, straightforward language. Great new tune!
    Peace & grace,
    ~Miro

1. christyb Post author

Miro, nice to see you around my space here! Yes music can speak volumes by combining tempo with lyric. Happy to hear we share music tastes. Nice new photo of you by the way!

7. Jayna Locke

Hi Christy,

Neat post. The song is great. Powerful imagery to go with it, too. I’ll be listening to those drums in my head for days to come, along with the “Hey yeah yeah yeah.” It’s almost tribal.

1. christyb Post author

Yes Jayna, the song certainly is catchy. The tune proves once again why Nickelback keeps on top of the charts. Strong messages, positivity, and great rhythm as well. I look forward to seeing your tribal dance to accompany the song 🙂

8. lorrelee1970

I’m with everyone here. Wonderful message that we don’t adhere to enough. Great choice for Tunes With Tuesday. It’s funny you mentioned “Baby Got Back” because my kids and hubby have been singing it all week for some unknown reason.