Let’s Get Our Writing On

Let's write poetry!

Let’s write poetry!

Writers, welcome, and join the readers here.

Writers + Readers = Learning and Smiles all around.

Did you know that 2013 is the Year of the Writer? Yes! Raymond Alexander Kukkee, blogger at Incoming Bytes, has made the official declaration for the New Year. Who are we to argue?

Then again, why would we argue? Writing is a great way to boost our creativity, release emotions, and connect with other people through what the lines say and what is unspoken in the descriptions.

Writing takes many forms and, as you likely know, poetry is my favorite. Regardless of style that I read, I know I will find some sentiment about a person, nature, or expression that somehow connects to me. Just as I can find something positive in every moment, I can find a tidbit in a poem that tells me a little more about the world around me.

What is your favorite written form to read? To write?

This is christyb saying “Let’s Get Our Writing On!”

Unwritten (US version), by Natasha Bedingfield

33 thoughts on “Let’s Get Our Writing On

1. Janine Huldie

So true and at this point my favorite thing to write is my blog and then my novel is a close second. As for reading, I love reading female fiction literature (total guilty pleasure!).

First Christy Raymond I know is an excellent writer. Second so are you and third I find all forms of writing interesting. But like you I love to write poems. I find often I can express my words better in a few lines than within an esay of words.
    Dropping in to say enjoy your Sunday.
    Sue X

3. raymond alexander kukkee

Hi, Christyb, my favourite thing to read is dialogue, direct communication. For example, your “This is Christyb saying ‘Lets get our writing on’ ” is concise and inspirational–and direct communication. That enjoyment and inspiration in reading–is both contained and reflected in my favourite writing–fiction with a lot of dialogue in it. I love it! “Let’s get our writing on” is ‘right on’ in 2013, The Year of the Writer! pst…thanks for the link too!
    “Christyb wants us to get our writing on in 2013, The Year of the Writer!” “:)

You are welcome Raymond, I am happy to share your quality site. Your words about the Year of the Writer motivate me and I want to help others. So I write the post. Your book is great too, by the way!

4. Melanie Chisnall

Hi Christy! Lovely article, and just what I needed to read this morning. I like the idea that 2013 is the year of the writer…woohoo! Still trying to decide what niche to go in, I’d like to stick to blogging and novel writing, but I still need to write some client articles for the time being. Finding feet for a little while longer. Thanks for this! 🙂

5. Charron's Chatter

that’s what I like to write–whoopsie–to read in hardcopy I like: fiction, historical,epic, & sometimes even chick-lit fiction. To read on the web: poetry; Top 10 lists; nuggets of information….

1. Charron's Chatter

I’ve written 3! They are as fun to come up with as read–the well done ones, anyway. The ones I wrote are: Top 10 Reasons Rose Wouldn’t Share the Door; Top 10 Things to Have on Hand when the Mayan Long Count Calendar Expires…and Top 10 New Year’s rezzz…Here’s a link to the last one…you can use and delete because I don’t like to slap links without permission…seems a lil tacky…:)

Just think of something near and dear to your heart…and countable…and then add a twist for the humor. Best thing about them, you can compile them over as many–or as few–days as you like.

Have a great night, Christy!

6. Aurora HSP

To read: anything and everything creative To write: same
    I am a scattered mess of reading and writing – lol – can only be described in the way I sum myself up: eccentric, eclectic and always earthy. Thanks for making me stop to think about this. I’m usually racing to read as much as I can before my eyes give out. Hope to be back soon, Christy xo

7. lscotthoughts

Great post to share with us, Christy! You know me, now that I’m feeling better, I love to write poetry (inspirational and romantic) and I love to read romance and suspense! My nights end in a good book and usually, my mind wants to read longer than my eyes want to stay open! Hugs to you! xoxo

8. Sindhu

2013 is the year of the Writer? That is pretty exciting, especially since this will be my comeback year for my passion for writing. 🙂

I enjoyed my visit to your blog. I’ll be back again!