Step into Control, with a Poem

(265/365) Sitting by the Thames

Get ready to step into control. A poem.

Hello friends,

When you do not feel strong, I hope you read this poem. When you DO feel in control, I still hope you read it and smile.

Step into Control

Step forward, lift

Your left leg

Straight in front of you and

Smile.

Your leg is your own.

You have the control.

Step back, put your

Body weight onto

Your right calf and

Laugh.

Your weight is irrelevant.

You have the control.

Fingers, elbows, torso, and

The curve of your mouth:

Yes, they are all yours, as well.

Open your lips as you say, with strength:

I am here today, and

I am strong from this step forward.

©2013 Christy Birmingham

I hope your day has a smile that prompts two or three more from the people around you. ~christyb

31 thoughts on “Step into Control, with a Poem

1. CORRIE WOERDE

THANK YOU DEAR CHRISTY,THE FIRST STEP YOU TAKE,AFTER A BAD EXPERIENCE IN YOUR LIFE,IS A FRESH START OF THE WONDERFUL JOURNEE TROUGH LIFE..;-)

2. Cyndi

You know what’s funny? I kept thinking of that song they play in the movie “Bruce Almighty” that’s called, “I’ve got the Power.” haha. Yes, control. Choices. Goals. Evaluate. Love it! 🙂

3. Swetank Raj

Hey! Christy Swetank here. Remember me! This the first ever your poem i readed, you know what i wanna say in one word BRILLIANT! Seriously you made me your fan of poems. Will be looking for more your works. Lots of love and praises for you!! xD

4. tzm

Powerful words and a great poem again Christy. I am very happy the way you express yourself in words. Hugs to your new self! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Most times info we have self-control of our actions. Because our acts are not unconditional: we are not just pure instinct! …

Our body is our own kingdom, we have full control of it, except when we are threatened by an external agent, for example, by a disease. Otherwise, our body is as free as our soul
    …Lucky of us….

Cheers Christy!!!…

Aquileana/Amalia 😉

6. Lorraine Marie Reguly

Beautiful poem, Christy. On a few levels, for me, too, as I have a “bad” right leg from the accident I was in. Many days, I hate my leg. Many days, I lack the strength to go on. But, I am here today, and I am strong from this step forward, knowing that others are there for me when I need them. 🙂 Thank you for touching me. 🙂

1. Lorraine Marie Reguly

Then xx back at you!

I think I will have to move Poetry Perfected to WordPress so I can re-blog your poems…. or maybe just link to them… 🙂