Be Me, Be Strong

Spirit

Be strong in spirit. Rise above the rumors.

Be Me, Be Strong

Be me,
Without apology.

Stand
Above the rumors and
Look down at little thought bubbles,
Small from lack of
Understanding.

Be me,
With a sharpie.

Slash the pen across the negative word
That writes on the line of
My goals and
Dreams.

Dream words into reality, and
Define the shape.

Take a whisper and speak it through
A funnel without fear,
For we can speak above the rumors
When we toss them to the floor,
Without apology.

Β©2013 Christy Birmingham

31 thoughts on “Be Me, Be Strong

1. Janine Huldie

Christy, this was said so perfectly and let me tell you I think we have all had these types of moments and it truly takes bigger person to rise above it all!! πŸ™‚

2. pictimilitude

I love the idea of taking a pen to our lives and crossing off the negative. Such a good thing to do – mentally and physically, actually. Good stuff and wonderful poem. πŸ™‚

“Dream words into reality, and Define the shape”.

Anything more powerful than a sharp word at the right time….
    The power to create a whole world within the words…

“Language is the house of Being”, as Martin Heidegger said..

Cheers, Christy;

Aquileana πŸ˜‰

4. lscotthoughts

Such a wonderful poem of strength and confidence, Christy, and tossing rumors to the floor without apology is something we should do more often! Love this! β™₯

Love this – you go, girlfriend! Without apology … love it! Have to share this … xoxox πŸ˜€

Always Dream and loved how you defined your poem here Christy… Always stay strong and be YOU!… I encase myself in a bubble.. and float above the niggles and pickers who poke at us.. I know you will set your mind as the compass and follow your own path and cast aside the negative…

Wonderful poem Christy and sending you a Hug across the airwaves… ~Sue x

7. Tessa

Christy….may we all take intake of your powerful words… when life throws us ‘the punches’…stay strong and rise above it all. Truly words of much wisdom, thanks for sharing you. LOL.

8. Pingback: Two blog awards: Versatile Blogger & Best Moments Awards! | Beyond The Dream

9. Lorraine Marie Reguly

I always say: “I am me. I cannot be anyone else. I don’t know who else to be. I am me.”
    (and I am proud of it!)

This seems to be what you are saying in this poem. “Be yourself, and don’t apologize for it.”

I agree, wholeheartedly!

I would also like to share my new site with you and your readers, in case they would like to read some more poetry (I hope you don’t mind!), which is Poetry Perfected, found at http://poetryperfected.blogspot.ca

Thanks for being such a wonderful woman, Christy!

Your words and actions are sincere, and empowering. Thank you, again!

10. Lorraine Marie Reguly

Oops, I forgot to check the box to subscribe to new comments… so I am writing this one so I can do so! LOL