Personality Types: Are You Like Nelson Mandela Too?

:-O Oh WOw....

:-O Oh WOw…. (Photo credit: myukewie)

What personality type are you? Have you ever done a psychological test to determine it?

I have, and it’s fun to find out more about it. I remember sitting in Psychology class in University, learning about the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI).

It’s one of the instruments you can use to learn more about yourself. Another one is the Jung Type Indicator. These tests are based on the work of legendary psychologists such as Carl Jung and Isabel Briggs Myers.

Well, get this… You can take a personality type test for FREE online that is based on these psychological instruments. Yup. Cool. I know.

One test I found, at a site called CelebrityTypes, is based on the MBTI test. Click the link to try it! At the end of the test, you get a four-letter type code that explains your personality. It’s short too; it only took me a few minutes.

Of course, no test is completely accurate. But the test here is based on the real theories of the famous psychologists, which is fascinating really. I wonder whether a poet could create a test like this one? Okay, so…. There’s more! Cool. I know.

Once you get the four-letter code, click the “in-depth page” on the left-hand side of the CelebrityTypes page and see what celebrities have the same personality type as you. For example, famous ENTPs are Benjamin Franklin and Socrates, while celebrity ISTJs include Dwight D. Eisenhower and Warren Buffet.

Okay so… Yes, I took the test. And (drumroll please):

~I am an ENFJ (E=Extroverted, N=Abstract, F=Feeling, J=Judging)

Other famous ENFJs include (wow!!):

English: Nelson Mandela in Johannesburg, Gaute...

Mr. Nelson Mandela

• Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • Nelson Mandela
  • John Paul II
  • Ronald Reagan

Wowa! I was astounded to learn I shared characteristics with such incredible leaders.

NOW you see why I had to post this ((smiles)). Especially the Nelson Mandela part! I think they need to add a Canadian poet though ((more smiles)).

Seriously though, if you do take the test, let me know what your personality type is. It’s fun to learn about ourselves too!

~This is christyb, wishing you a day of introspection and smiles.

64 thoughts on “Personality Types: Are You Like Nelson Mandela Too?

1. Billybuc

I’ve taken it before but honestly I don’t remember what I was….if I can find the time I’ll do it again and let you know. 🙂 Have a great day Christy; it’s sunny and cold here.

2. Veronica Shine

Great post. My initials are nearly the same as yours Christy except for one letter. I am a INFJ. So true as ‘I’ stands for introvert. I am with good company too…Plato, Carl Yung, Gandhi and Cate Blanchett,

Great post, Christy! I’m an INFJ (Introverted intuitive Feeling Judging), and apparently there’s a ton of us, including Aristophanes, Chaucer, Goethe, Robert Burns, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Nelson Mandela, to name just a few. (Wow, I feel like I’m in “hallowed” company, lol.) 🙂

I really enjoyed the post… Thanks Christy !!!

As for me I am an ENTP Type… Like Socrates, Leonardo da Vinci, David Hume, Niccolo Machiavelli, Voltaire….etc
    Something odd: Barack Obama & Newt Gingrich are both ENTP regardless of their political differences…

About ENTPs: Versatile pattern-seekers. Strongly linked to the Antisocial personality
    Somewhat linked to the Dependent and Hypomaniac personalities. Jung called all ENPs “female” personalities, though ENTPs are in fact more common among men than among women. Repress their Introverted Sensing function, meaning they “sweat the small stuff” sometimes with tragicomical results.

Hugs have a great day ! Aquileana 🙂

Ahhhh, I totally see you being like Socrates. You are intelligent and full of wonderful thoughts about the world around you. You are a thinker, a beautiful spirit and highly creative. Well look at that, so many great qualities! No wonder I love you!! xxoo Hugs

5. Tessa

I took the test, it was fun… and I am an ENTJ. Famous celebs include: Napoleon, Julius Caesar, Aristotle, Margaret Thatcher, Bill Gates. I don’t know whether I should be impressed or not. I believe there is good & bad traits in all of us…I choose to dwell on my ‘perfect’ side. Christy – YOU will know what I mean by this. LOL.

6. Eric Alagan

I took the MBTI test when I was in Uni and done several tests since – many were proprietary models flaunted by executive search firms. Interestingly, over a 30 year period – there was a high degree of consistency in the results.

You’re right, this can be good fun and no matter what ‘type’ – you’ll find luminaries in the same basket. Just stay away from the Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot types.

I agree with one other reader here – I know a Candian poet who is already on the Nelson Mandela list 🙂

7. Valerie Caraotta

Christy,
    I am an ISTJ. I love detail and am probably too left brained. No wonder I salute your creative right brain and your N and F qualities. It is the intuitive feeler you are that makes your poems stand out so well. I thank you and many writers for stretching me these past few years with creativity.
    I guess our J is the same eh? We are good in meeting deadlines and always prompt or a bit early
    Thanks for sharing.

8. Mike Pugh

I will surely try this test some time that would be so cool, thanks CB for posting this. It was very interesting indeed and I’ve heard of such a test in Psychology when I took in college, but never gave it a try myself. It would be funny to the results of mine 🙂

9. cav12

Hi Christy, just did the test. I’m ISFJ, an introvert but am in good company!! Princess Mary, Kate Middleton, Anthony Hopkins, Christopher Walkin to name a few. That was fun! Thanks 😀

10. Rachael 'Honest' Blair

Hi Christy! We recently did MBTI at work and it was really interesting… I have done it before, years ago, and I was an INFJ. The facilitator said that people ‘never change’ but I challenged this as when I did it this time I was an ENFJ, like you! I think the change probably happened when I did my NLP training, and let go of an unhelpful belief that meant I thought I should keep my thoughts to myself (hence the old ‘I’). Fascinating stuff.

11. sarahpotterwrites

I’m an INFP type and there are so many people I totally admire on that list. Must post the results of this test on my blog tomorrow (and give you a mention, of course, Christy, for drawing my attention to this 🙂

12. Pingback: Official Announcement: I’m as Odd as Franz Kafka | sarahpotterwrites

13. Pingback: Big Five Personality Test: Hey, I’m Like a US President! | Poetic Parfait