A Poem: She Awakens

Poem of Reaching above

Photo Source: JD Hancock, CC BY 2.0, via Flickr

Hello, my friends! Are you enjoying the day? Over here in Victoria, BC, it is sunny and really feeling like spring. I am thankful for the sunshine and for the new day. Here is the newest poem, “She Awakens.”

She Awakens

She sits up in bed, then bolts up –
To stand on the cherry wood floor and
Lifts the heels of her bare feet as
She reaches her hands toward the ceiling
And beyond.

She realizes it’s a new day, with
A renewed spirit and the moments that
One day will end –
And she will move beyond
To the place where sewn hearts
Wander and hug.

She senses that the new day will
Mix with smiles and debris
But she knows that the clouds are
Movable and so are her hands as
She opens her palms, again, toward the
Ceiling, for another stretch and
Another smile.

©2014 Christy Birmingham

May you feel like this woman in spirit, reaching higher to attain more. I hope you are setting goals and reaching to attain them! ~Enjoy the day, xo christyb

89 thoughts on “A Poem: She Awakens

1. Charlene

…but she knows that the clouds are movable and so are her hands… What a message, my friend, and I hear it loud and clear! We must not limit ourselves regardless of how our current situations look because we are all winners!Thank you dear Christy! 🙂

2. Janine Huldie

Yay to Spring and new day being here now. We, too, are having gorgeous Sunday afternoon with temperatures in the 60s and tons of sun, too! Have a great rest of the weekend now, as well!! 🙂

3. Swetank

I really love how you compared the fact we all are like clouds. Really another great creation. I am just on my legs and yes stretching not just hands, but mind and thinking. Great Inspiration!!

“She reaches her hands toward the ceiling/And beyond”.
    A very nice poem, special for Poetry Month.
    Glad you have posted a poem written by you… I really was expecting you to do so… Well, after all the monthly occasion is worthwhile, isn’t it?
    Christy; I wish you the best, as you deserve it,
    Aquileana 🙂

Thank-you, Aqui! I had fun writing this poem and thinking about reaching for many positive goals (as well as taking time to stop and smile along the way).

Thank-you for stopping here to ponder the poem and for being a good friend 🙂

Also, I appreciate the share of the poem! Take care xo

5. penpusherpen

to awaken, with a gladness of heart and spirit, and to ‘feel’ the life before you is your own, to do with as you please… now that is a wonderful awakening. Christy… and a wonderful poem you’ve shared too. have a Great week my friend and twin soul. xPenx

6. rollyachabot

Hi Christy… a new day is like an embrace from a friend, filled with anticipation of what may come… reach high and seek what the day brings…

Hugs from over that way…

7. Valerie Caraotta

Beautiful poem with wonderful encouragement to rise and reach goals. This new season for you is filled with hope filled messages and a joy for living life fully. Keep up the wonderful work and hope each day will be sunshine in your heart.

I love the visualisation of this poem Christy… and its enhanced with the photo choice.. Keep stretching and reaching for the sky Christy.. Big smiles I know are always on your lips these days… Have a Happy Week my friend.. xoxox Hugs Sue xoxox

9. Lorraine Marie Reguly

Christy, it is so refreshing to hear the positivity in your voice. What a change from the pain! So happy you are doing well.

Yep. I know your poetry comes from within. 😉

10. Lorraine Marie Reguly

Reblogged this on POETRY PERFECTED and commented:
    Hey, I just wanted to share the positivity of this woman with you all. Christy is sort of known for writing poetry about pain, so it’s great to see her writing something while smiling. 🙂

11. irinadim

Thank you for this inspirational poem, Christy. It makes me feel to want to stretch like this every morning instead of dragging myself out of bed with half closed eyes. 🙂
    Stretching higher and higher, thinking of my goals and greeting the day with a smile.

12. ventisqueras

un dolce risveglio porta gioia in tutto il giorno! splendide parole, piacere di avervi conosciuta
    a sweet awakening brings joy throughout the day! beautiful words, pleasure to have known
    goodbye to Toscana

13. lscotthoughts

A beautiful poem filled with inspiration and sunny cheer, Christy!

I think my favorite part was
    “But she knows that the clouds are
    Movable and so are her hands as
    She opens her palms, again, toward the
    Ceiling, for another stretch and
    Another smile.”

Keep stretching and smiling, my friend! Hugs!