Celebrate New Years with Flutes and a Poem

A Toast to the New Year

Celebrate New Years with Flutes and a Poem

Flute Glasses at New Years: Time to celebrate! Photo: Bill Masson, CC BY-SA 2.0, via Flickr.

The Flutes

Why hello there Mr. Flute,
And how is the Mrs.?
Is she polishing her sides to fill with
Delicious bubbly at midnight?

You and the Mrs. do
Clank together so perfectly,
Was it love at first sight in the box?

I hold you by your stem and
Get ready to raise you to the ceiling,
Don’t be scared of the height as
It is your time to shine!

Dear Mr. Flute,
You and the Mrs. are so lucky
As you always appear on this special day
That we call New Year’s Eve.

Accompanied by hurrahs of
Excitement for the New Year,
I hope you both enjoy the spotlight,
And that you and the Mrs. won’t worry
About the rest of the year kept in the cupboard!

©2014 Christy Birmingham

Well, there’s a little silliness for the day. I was thinking about the bringing out a wine glass on New Year’s Eve and imagined what it would be like if a flute wine glass had a personality. And then, what about if there was a pair of glasses? That’s where the idea of Mr. Flute and the Mrs. came from!

I wish you all a wonderful New Year’s Eve! Be safe; please act responsibly if you do plan to drink. I hope that 2015 brings you much joy! I look forward to seeing more of you in the New Year!

Love Christy

171 thoughts on “A Toast to the New Year

1. Veronica Shine

The New Year holds a brand new start and a clean slate and endeavors towards new goals. Move forward Christy with the gusto and courage you’ve shown so many in 2014. May 2015 be an even more amazing year for you.

Thanks so much, Veronica! It’s lovely to see you and have your encouragement. Yes, it is the ‘new slate’ of 2015 that meets us, and I hope you have a tremendously wonderful awesome invigorating New Year!

2. markbialczak

Happy New Year, Christy. I love the image of the clanking Mr. and Mrs. Flute coming out to play with a little bubbly personality come midnight! Good job having some fun with this one, my friend. ❤

3. Tobias and Zippy

A great poem to ring off the New Year Christy.

Wishing you the best and very proud of everything you have accomplished in 2014.

All the best to you and your family in 2015!

cheers!!!! 🙂

So kind! Let’s make this another year of the writer, and let’s keep creating! I wish you an amazing year ahead, Raymond. As for being unique, I suppose that’s the only way I know how to be 🙂 Best wishes of health and happiness to you and family!

4. DG MARYOGA

Oh ! Pleasant and refreshing the storytelling photo and your inventive Mr. & Mrs connections !!!
    May 2015 be your Best Year Ever,dear Chisty ! Love & Blessings to you,
    Doda 🙂 ❤

Hehe, Doda! I had a feeling this poem would make you smile 🙂 Okay, now I’m smiling too! Mr. and Mrs. enjoyed the spotlight, as well! May your New Year be amazing, and thanks for the lovely comment. Blessings, sweet friend!

1. DG MARYOGA

Really ? Thank you dear Christy,it’s such a brilliant prediction !!! It seems apart from being a remarkable writer.poetess and reviewer,you are a gifted soothsayer as well 🙂

5. Mélanie

Bonjour poétesse parfaite! 🙂 thanx for your kind wishes dropped @ my playground… ❤ I convey you my very best for 2015: health, joy, good luck in all your endeavours and tons of inspiration… friendly thoughts, Mélanie

6. pictimilitude

Christy – what fun! I hope your New Year’s was *awesome*! Such a sweet poem – it could become holiday tradition to read it on New Year’s eve. 😀
    Hope you’re well my friend! xox

7. Pingback: Because Sometimes I Don’t Want to Explain My Poetry Motivation | Poetic Parfait

8. teagan geneviene

Oh yes! An ode to champagne! The only thing i like better than champagne is Spumante. How did i miss this? However i’ll belatedly toast your New Year now, Christy! Happy New Year to you and yours. Hugs! 😀