Strength quote and awaken

Awake: A Poem

Strength quote and awaken

Gain Strength. Awake. Photo via Poetic Parfait.

A new day brings a new poem and a rising spirit. Wishing you a wonderful day! ❤

~Love Christy

Awake

I woke up on the other side of
That moment when I shut down my waterways
And it was then that I touched my cheek and
Knew that my intentions were within my control.

I held fast to the time called my own,
Fleshing out the vocabulary of what once was
To include there will be.

You once joked that I did not have options
But what you neglected to understand was that
My fingers touch my cheek and the words strike
No more pain, as my intentions run in a
Stream of fresh water.

©2015 Christy Birmingham

ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ

118 thoughts on “Awake: A Poem

1. Cynthia

The first, not very poetic, words that came to my mind after reading your poem were “That is so deep.” Your words make a person pause and reflect. Beautiful. 😉

And it’s a great quote, Aqui – truly! By the way I just noted that the quote has the word “melting” in it and Frost’s last name is synonymous with “cold” – that’s ironic!!

2. PreciousRhymes

Beyond pain lies a world of freedom; to be able to touch that world though sometimes the only way is through the pain. I hope you continue to flow in the stream of fresh waters as you move on Christy. Closing with a Hug!

3. Dave Small

Inspiring poem Christy! I read it three times (make that four — I just went back and read it again). I love the middle –

I held fast to the time called my own,
    Fleshing out the vocabulary of what once was
    To include there will be.

4. balroop2013

Hi Christy,

I had to read and re-read to go to the bottom but something is still obscure…may be the pain or the words that seem to flow? Are you talking about the unexpressed desires or overcoming some ache that lingers despite your expulsion?

Dear Christy.. this is such a wonderful poem.. showing that inner strength.. and you are a wonderful example of how you have overcome those whose words would strike.. I so admire your courage and your journey… May you always travel in pure fresh waters of discovering How strong your intentions are…
    Love and Blessings and Mega Hugs… thank you for all of your kind support dear friend… Love and Hugs your way..
    <3… I so admire you and your inner journey in your awakening x Love Sue

Thank you Sue for the sweet words. Reading here that you admire me takes my breath away as I admire you in so many ways.. you have such an amazing spirit… It means a lot to know you stopped by and left these words for me. Thank you sweet friend. Sending you much love this weekend and always! xo

6. irinadim

This is such an empowering poem, Christy! Love these lines:
    ” And it was then that I touched my cheek and
    Knew that my intentions were within my control.”
    The power lies in the connection of the physical, emotional and spiritual.
    “…my intentions run in a stream of fresh water” is a beautiful metaphor.
    Hugs 🙂 Irina

7. btg5885

Christy, this is marvelous. Very vivid with so few words. Well done. I wanted to check your blog out after your signing up for mine. I am glad you came to visit and I was able to return the favor. Please feel free to offer your thoughts in comment on my post if something resonates. All the best, BTG