Joy fills me as I announce to you the official publication of the collaboration between talented costume designer Resa McConaghy, mythologicy guru Aquileana, and I.

For the project, I wrote a new poem called “Remembering Mnemosyne” and you can will find it in the post I am reblogging here from Aquileana’s site. The project theme is “Mnemosyne,” the goddess of memory.

What a glorious experience! Resa’s gown is stunning and Aquileana’s words are influential. I hope you enjoy the finished collaboration as much as we enjoyed creating it!

Love Christy

La Audacia de Aquiles

mnemosyne1

guarda_griega1_7

“Mnemosyne” by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1881) .- “Mnemosyne” by Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1881) .-

guarda_griega1_7

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mnemosyne/ Μνημοσύνη (Roman equivalent: Moneta(0)) was a Titaness, goddess of Memory (1) and the inventor of Words (2)

Mnemosyne was also a goddess of time. She represented the rote memorisation required, before the introduction of writing, to preserve the stories of history and sagas of myth. She was the daughter of Uranus (Heaven) and Gaia (Earth). Uranus and Gaia were the parents of the first generation of Titans, consisting of twelve elder gods/goddesses, being Mnemosyne included among them.

Genealogy of the Olympians in Greek mythology, Mnemosyne among them.- Genealogy of the Olympians in Greek mythology, Mnemosyne among them.-

She was also lover of the Ruler of Gods, Zeus
After Zeus led the war against the Titans and established himself as the leader of the Olympians, he feared that, even though he might be immortal, his great victories and decisions might soon be forgotten.

Longing for a…

View original post 2,229 more words

26 thoughts on “►Greek Mythology: “Mnemosyne” / “Collaboration with Resa McConaghy and Christy Birmingham” 💫.-

1. Resa

Christy & Aquileana,
    Wow, I’m calming down a bit here, but this is such a joy. This is perhaps more fun than 1 person aught to be allowed to have… but I’m having it! Love to both of you!
    Reas xoxo

Dear Christy…. It was great to team up with You and Resa… I truly liked the ending product and the way we interacted in order to achieve it… Thanks so much for your ode to Mnemosyne, which is beautiful….and such a special poem 💎💙 Sending love and best wishes, dear Star 🌟 Aquileana.-

3. Georges 2679

C’est toujours un vrai plaisir de venir lire tes articles que je trouve très beaux, j’aime beaucoup le dessin de Gabriel Rossetti. Je trouve bien que tu as mis la traduction en français cela me permet de bien comprendre.
    Je te souhaite un excellent week-end
    Bisous

Liked by 2 people

4. Ste J

When you three collaborate, you do it in some style, I love the mix of styles and your poem is wonderful, bringing the spirit of Mnemosyne into the 21st century with your stylistic mixings. Fantastic!

5. Ralph

The Fabulous Three ! All so talented with such different skills, bonded into a single post 😀
    Yay ! I’ll go over and read your poem now Christy.
    Have a lovely Valentine’s Day my friend 😀 ❤ xox

Liked by 2 people

6. Ka Malana@Fiestaestrellas.com

I agree and I’ve said it before: so grateful for you three. I think it’s very inspiring how all three of your works are very industrious and kind-hearted and I am quite inspired by you all. Kind of at a loss for words at the moment, but mnemosyne really highlights why we need those memories and words, and pictures and dresses for our perfect fantasies made real.

Liked by 2 people

7. Pingback: Thank you Resa! | ChasingART

8. Pingback: ►History: “The Greek Theatre” / Literature: Aristotle’s “Poetics“: “Theory of Tragedy“⭐️.- | La Audacia de Aquiles