Ferocious Women

I read this poetic tribute to women today and had to share it! The poem is written by Brenda Davis Harsham and it beautifully encompasses the strength of females.

As Brenda explains in the post, she wrote it in homage to the January 21, 2017 Womenโ€™s March. I think it is relevant every day โ™ฅ

P.S. I had to pick between posting this at Poetic Parfait or When Women Inspire – it was a tough choice as it’s a blending of the two subjects!!

P.P.S. Have a great day ๐Ÿ™‚

~Christy

Friendly Fairy Tales

img_5165

Ferocious Women
who never bring you coffee
dream in poetry

View original post 533 more words

47 thoughts on “Ferocious Women

1. Billybuc

The most influential person in my life was my father, but he died almost fifty years ago. Since then, I have been greatly influenced, most often, by strong, loving women. In them I find the humanness I so wish to emulate. ๐Ÿ™‚ Hugs from Olympia!

2. Louise

I’ve been following Brenda’s blog pretty much since I’d started, but hadn’t visited in a while. I smiled when I saw you sharing her work – thanks for drawing me back there.

Liked by 2 people

3. dgkaye

Love the term ferocious. I refer to us types of women as ‘warrior women’ so ferocious sounds more powerful. And I can see how you were torn between posting on the 2 blogs, lol. The subject matter inspiring, and the poetry used to unveil the story was beautiful. โค

4. Alessandro Tinchini

A very strong one indeed. I have always seen women as warriors; in my stories, the main character is mostly a woman and one that fights. A lot. Good selection, Christy.

Liked by 2 people

5. Brenda Davis Harsham

What a pleasure for me to come by and experience what a vivid and unafraid audience you have. To admire another’s power is a true expression of self-confidence. I’m moved and honored that my words helped bring out these wonderful comments. I’m working on a YA novel right now with a woman who discovers her inner strength, by facing her fears. That is ferocious. ๐Ÿ™‚

Liked by 2 people

6. Sarah Potter Writes

I know all about being ferocious (without the roar) when people try walking over me. The roaring got too tiring and I discovered more subtle ways of being ferocious. That’s a wonderful poem by Brenda that you’ve reblogged, Christy. Well chosen. Thanks for sharing.

Liked by 2 people