Warrior Woman

I am warrior, hear me roar!

Well, actually, Miro of Warrior Poet Wisdom roared and I answered the call. The nomination call that is.

I was close to tears this week when I read Miro’s thoughtful reflection about what he phrases as my “service to others” and his reference to Poetic Parfait as “thought-provoking”. Miro presented me with The 1-in-100 Warrior Award.

I am all the more humbled by his nomination as I have admired Miro’s poetry for some time and am inspired by the life lessons he shares with readers. He reminds us to be both sincere and strong at the same time. Head over to his blog if you are not already acquainted with his work.

The 1-in-100 Warrior Award

Warrior Status.

Thank-you my friend.

The guidelines upon receipt of said award are:

Guidelines for the 1-in-100 Warrior Award: Warriors are not motivated by awards or fame. They see awards not as an opportunity for the ego to rejoice, but rather an opportunity to honor other warrior brothers and sisters. To acknowledge and honor the rarity of the warrior, it is recommended that the recipient passes this award on to only *one* other blogger that they feel goes above and beyond to serve and inspire others, and who maintains their grace and positivity even in the face of difficult challenges, such as health issues, tragedy, injustice or loss.

I pondered the award. I thought of Lauren.

I present the Award to Lauren of LScott Poetry. I admit it, I have love for her poetry. Lauren is genuine and kind in both her poems and her comments to her readers. Her poetic words leave me thinking about the lines long after I submit my comment to her. Lauren has faced some difficult times personally and has turned her circumstances into beautiful poems. She is able to transfer thought to paper and move us along with her. For these reasons, I nominate Lauren for the 1-in-100 Warrior Award.

I hand award to her and smile.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend and thank you for continuing to support me in my blogging journey. I recently bought the domain for Poetic Parfait and with that comes my intention to continue delving into poetry, chocolate, music, and friendships with you.

This is christyb, yes I mentioned chocolate again.

32 thoughts on “Warrior Woman

Let me be the first I hope to say Congratulations to you Christy and I know of that Honour and it swells one with pride.. Wonderful you have received this award from Miro..
    Strange as I was just clicking onto your name to view your posts when this came into my email box..
    Just catching up and will be reading back now..
    Love and Light.. Sue xx

Huge congratulations to you Christy – I was delighted when I read Miro’s post presenting you with this wonderful award. You are a beacon of light and positivity, always supporting, always encouraging. I know that I feel so blessed to know you and to be able to enjoy your blog and your friendship. You have a knack for uplifting the spirits through your kindness and your humor – and I love your blog!

I’m also delighted that you have chosen to pass this award to Lauren. What a beautiful, kind soul she is; and her poetry is absolutely lovely – an excellent choice! 🙂

And congratulations also on your domain, what awesome news! I love that you have begun sharing more of yourself and your poetry with us – and chocolate, too? How much better could you get! ~ Love, Julie 🙂 xox

Julie, your messages today have me emotional. I think of how we have been with each other through many posts on our blogs and have developed our friendship. I have so much respect for your creativity and kindness. As you value me, I do value you as well and look to you as a strong friend whose words show you how much you care for others. Thank-you.

3. lscotthoughts

Dear Christy,

What possibly can I say that would be good enough to follow your beautiful and kind words about me? This has been a wonderful day, albeit, emotional, and after reading your post, the emotions came again! You are truly a light in the blogging world and I have been inspired by you and also grateful for your support, in return. A BIG Congratulations to you as a recipient from Miro and my deepest thank you, thank you, and thank you for this nomination. Miro has been one of my favorites from the start and I completely concur with all you said about him. He brings vital lessons and inspiration to us, which adds more sunshine to our lives. Anyway, I will follow through before the weekend is over! Hugs and love to you! xo

Lauren, Your gentle spirit shines through with your words. I thank you for extending kindness to me and am so glad you appreciate the significance of the award. Yes Miro is inspirational with his writing. I have met wonderful bloggers and friends along my journey and I consider you both of these. Take care.

1. lscotthoughts

Eric & Christy, please forgive me for chiming in, but I saw your comment, Eric, and was so touched by your words, I had to thank you….so, “thank you” so much for your kindness! And Christy, thanks again for your kind words below! I’m repeating myself, but feel it’s necessary~ xx 🙂

1. lscotthoughts

Oh, Christy, I think I should just walk around with “thank you” written on my forehead, because that is what I’m saying, constantly. I’m truly overwhelmed with this over abundance of kindness I’ve received! All these feelings are 100% reciprocated to you and Eric and many others…it’s amazing how much talent is found through blogging…what a great experience this has been for me and also a learning experience, as well~Enjoy the rest of your evening and have a great Monday! xo

Awe, thank-you Raymond. It means a lot to me that you have taken the time to stop by my blog. I will be to your space soon as well to see what is incoming. You are a genuine friend and your compliments are not lost on me. Take care.

4. lscotthoughts

You’re welcome, Christy! I hadn’t heard of this award, either, and was very moved, as well, for being nominated with it’s tremendous profound meaning~It’s wonderful of Connie to create such an award…anyway, enjoy and I hope you’re having a wonderful Sunday! xx

Lauren, yes it was a wonderful relaxing day and I hope your day was much the same. How lovely to be supported by fellow bloggers and to meet wonderful people such as yourself. Happy Sunday to you xx

5. granbee

So very pleased for you about this wonderful warrior award from the Ultimate Warrior Poet, Miro! And you could not have picked a better person to pass this award on to than our dear, sweet, loving Lauren! Hooray!

6. Miro

What a wonderful choice, Christy. Lauren was on my list of future recipients, so I’m glad to see her work and attitude is being honored.

Stay strong, graceful, giving and beautiful, Christy, and never forget the warrior spirit you have within.
    Peace & grace,
    ~Miro

How wonderful that you agree with my choice of Lauren. She has such a way of communicating with readers that draws me to her work. You are a genuine spirit Miro and your remark here means so much to me. Take care my friend.

7. Terri Birmingham

Christy, both in your poetry and in your personal perspective on life challenges …you are so deserving of this ‘Warrior’ award. You continually amaze by your uplifting words and actions. Always keep your sunny spirit strong. Truly beautiful!