Tunes With Tuesday: Kings Of Leon Is Here

One of the great parts of music, for me, is the way it can elevate my mood. While my friends know that smile quite a bit (insert smiley face here), some days can be harder than others.

For this week’sย Tunes With Tuesday feature, I want to share a song that gives me hope but not in the way you might think. The song is Use Somebody, by the rock band Kings Of Leon.

I like the song because of the fast beat but also because the lyrics. Kings Of Leon’s lyrics in Use Somebody speak of reaching out for your partner and wanting “Someone like you”. The lyrics remind me of the wonderful feelings of falling in love, with its uplifting days and tender hugs. Although I faced devastation after an unhealthy previous relationship, the song lifts me up with its guitar strings and has me nodding that, yes, the future is not carved out for me. Yes, there is opportunity for love.

Open up your ears and have a great day!

32 thoughts on “Tunes With Tuesday: Kings Of Leon Is Here

1. Cat Forsley

Loved this song when it came out ………..
    was on my all day rotation list ….:)
    Caleb – has so much emotion in his voice xx
    have a good one CB
    i am almost out of the stinky hot city
    and into the fulllllllllllll on outside xoxoxo

Hmmmm, I might actually get to enjoy these Tuesday Tunes visits … I liked this – surprised myself, lol. Thanks for the smiles, Christy … and may your opportunities be plentiful, joyful and positive experiences! Love and hugs to you, my friend! ๐Ÿ™‚ xoxox

3. Casandra Miska

The first time I heard this song a while back, I loved it. It’s melody really struck home with me; and the words are great too. I like hope and uplifting songs too. This one is a real winner and so are you ChristyB !!

4. lscotthoughts

I love this song, Christy, wonderful post and I believe there is always opportunity just around the corner, when you least expect it! Keep smiling and hugs to you, my dear! xo

5. Kelli Joan Bennett

What a wonderful pick-me-up listening to this song just now was! Love this song btw. That’s three for three at this point. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for sharing!

The future is yours to create, Christy! Love “opportunities” are all around you, waiting for you, ready for you to discover which one is your match. ๐Ÿ™‚

Kelli, your comment and seeing your name has me smiling. You are so positive and I really am glad to connect with you on a few networks now. May the love “opportunities” light your future as well!

6. Tessa

So Glad you are back with your ‘Tuesday Tunes’! Loved the song and lyrics. Sorry you went through a rough personal experience, but ‘sounds’ like you are opening yourself up to the new treasurable good times ahead that are waiting for you. So deserving of someone so special as yourself. The future is bright for you, stay positive.

Tessa, how nice of you to come by today. Thank-you for all of your support through my down times and I cannot explain fully in words how much that means to me today. I will stay positive and I send you hugs xx

7. Pingback: Poetry: The Wind Is Kicking « Poetic Parfait